Saturday, August 20, 2011

Ours for the taking

Fourteen days and there we are.
Hopefully sitting a top our new city,
our new home
together.

It took a lot to get here;
sleepless nights in the back of a pick up,
bourban fights,
country wedding plans,
peeing in a cup,
pressure from all parents,
unemployment,
wrong employment.

Our new home isn't quite what we're used to,
what we came from;
quick-to-find long hikes,
big fires not too far away,
simple minded people in suberbia,
and a cool lake to jump in at the end of the day.

No, it's far better here.
Surrounded by astonishing water,
that spreads out like imagination into the horizon.
Mountains that are in your face,
only made more beautiful by lit towers on their skirts.
Narrow roads that keep you on edge
and individuals crowd you with their need to be different,
all the while we absorb the newness.

It's ours now.
For the taking.
For the molding.
We can make it who we are.
Earnest,
passionate,
forward looking,
and
faithful.

We have the rest of our lives to find home.
I know I'm home where you are.
Maybe it's here,
maybe it's there.
Maybe it's somewhere we've never been.

I know it'll be an inspiration to those around us,
no matter where we land.
We'll be like a never ended song of Beethoven,
a masterpeice.

I love you Cory,
and I love who we are,
not to mention what we now have
to thrive for.
Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment